sam2004 19:50 03 Dec 04

I cannot find tempoary internet files on XP pro,
can anyone help?

looked in C\documents and settings\sam

but no luck!

JoeC 20:14 03 Dec 04

C:Documents and Settings/Name/Local Settings

thms 20:15 03 Dec 04

Go to internet options on the first page click on setting (temporary internet files) then click on view files.

SANTOS7 20:18 03 Dec 04

By default, the location of temporary Internet files (for Internet Explorer) is

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

thms 20:19 03 Dec 04

To access Local Settings you must go to Tools/Folder Options/View/tick the show hidden folders option.

Taff36 22:35 03 Dec 04

Start> Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab and under the advanced options window tick the show hidden folders option. Then follow SANTOS7`s thread. i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\username (SAM)\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files and delete them all. (Click on one file in this folder then hold the CTRL key and the A key together which will highlight them all and hit the delete key to banish them all to the recycle bin.

Taff36 22:42 03 Dec 04

In Explorer (Windows key + E) click on the c: drive letter and right click. Choose the disk clean up button and then select the temporary internet box to tick it. It will ask you if you mean to carry on but do it anyway.

Buchan 35 23:02 03 Dec 04

Hey there sam2004, do you really want to see them. I do not know how I managed to get them on my desktop but that`s where they are. I regularly go to Control<internet options and delete cookies and also delete temporary files but the blaggart is still on my desktop

Technotiger 23:08 03 Dec 04

Hi, in IE go to Tools>InternetOptions and under General Tab you will find Temp Files. lol

sam2004 12:21 04 Dec 04

Thankyou everybody; JoeC, thms, SANTOS7,
Buchank 35, Taff36, & Technotiger for your correspondence.

I have now solved the problem, and will be book-marking this thread!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…