cannot find system32\sndvol32.exe

CAINEY 13:17 29 Nov 04

I tried to alter/increase the sound level when playing a c.d. - I was unable to do so and got the message windows cannot execute SndVol.32.exe go to add/remove programmes and when trying other audio devices got the message windows cannot find system32\sndvol32.exe - anyone any idea on whats wrong/what I should do please?

ACOLYTE 13:23 29 Nov 04

Try reinstalling your sound drivers,and try a system file check sndvol32.exe is the volume control app so it should be in system32 folder

ACOLYTE 13:54 29 Nov 04

Whats OS are you running?, have you tried a search of the files folders from start menu,also what sound card is it there may be a driver to dload.

CAINEY 14:08 29 Nov 04

Wndows xp pro - I THINK it is onboard sound - don't really know. I have tried searching from the start menu - I am at a loss

ACOLYTE 14:14 29 Nov 04

If its onboard sound the driver should be on the mobo cd if you have it.

ACOLYTE 14:15 29 Nov 04

You could try removing the sound card from device manager and let windows find it again.Even looking in device manager may tell you what sound card it is.

CAINEY 14:29 29 Nov 04

I'll try removing it from the device manager then- it says it's a Via AC'97 aUDIO CONTROLLER

ACOLYTE 14:45 29 Nov 04

click here

Is a driver for Via AC97

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…