Cannot find a program to uninstall

heavymetalkid 23:29 27 Apr 06

I've just installed a free game called Plasmapong, but didn't like the look of it so decided to uninstall. I can't however see it listed under "add or remove programs" or even in "all programs". Can anyone tell me how to find and uninstall it?

johnnyrocker 23:34 27 Apr 06

if xp system restore to before you took it on board?

johnny.

heavymetalkid 23:35 27 Apr 06

Hi mate, what will that do?

terryf 23:40 27 Apr 06

Reboot in safe mode by pressing F8 repeatedly as you boot, choose safe mode, then try a search for files or folders called plasma*, if they come up in the search then delete them but you will probably have items in the registry, the best way to get rid of them is to do, as suggested, a system restore in normal mode.

heavymetalkid 23:50 27 Apr 06

Greetings terryf and johnnyrocker. Done the system restore,still got Plasmapong on the desktop as before, still no sign of it in "add or remove"

johnnyrocker 23:50 27 Apr 06

it will put the pc back to as if you had never installed the item.

johnny.

Stuartli 23:57 27 Apr 06

But clearly it doesn't.

johnnyrocker 23:59 27 Apr 06

and you know this how?

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:01 28 Apr 06

if it is on desk top only then right click and delete apologies Stuartli had not updated page.

johnny.

heavymetalkid 00:01 28 Apr 06

No, I've still got the set-up and the Plasmapong on the desktop. I'm familiar with System Restore but I'm unaware that it deletes programs. Any ideas about why it's not listed in "Add Or Remove Programs?"

rdave13 00:14 28 Apr 06

If right click doesn't work to delete try running search and use "all files and folders" option and delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…