Cannot find drivers or Network Adaptor ... woe!

shepherd 12:41 18 May 05

I cannot get a Wireless LAN card to work with Windows XP. The card worked well from a PC running Windows 98SE, and then a PC running ME. Now, under XP, I have a problem that seems beyond solving!

The wireless LAN card, which worked well under the previous OS systems cannot install itself under XP.

I installed the driver software first and then the LAN card. The wireless LAN card has its own software with driver and utility.

In Device Manager, there is a yellow explanation mark against Network Controller (but shouldn't that be a Network Adaptor?) The device ought to appear under Network Adapter as 802.11g Wireless LAN.

I have tried all that I can do and some things I should probably not do but I cannot get it to work.

Has anybody had a similar problem or experience of how to get the connection working, please?

Terry Braverman

Bdweller 03:04 19 May 05

Could it be that you need a serial buss controler with that network card? I had that hapen once.

mgmcc 10:23 19 May 05

Silly question but, if you have used the card with 98SE and ME, presumably have have now got and installed the "Windows XP" drivers for the card?

shepherd 08:07 21 May 05

Yes - the card's software covers all Windows operating systems. Upon 'uninstalling' the software, I now get the error message 'use.dll not found' and the software will not uninstall itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…