cannot find drive

bogsdollox1 22:06 30 Aug 09

I have removed my EIDE hard drive and replaced it with a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA drive.
As there were no SATA ports on my motherboard (MS-6524 Ver 1) I was told to purchase a PCI SATA card, which I duly did (SATA 150 PCI RAID CARD).
Now after inserting my XP disk it says after loading the files that there is no drive present. Can somebody please tell me how to make this hard drive recognisable. I did read in the card user manual about creating a floppy boot disk from the driver cd that came with the card but if I can't run the cd how do I do it?
Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:28 30 Aug 09

Do it on the machine your using now and put in sata driver floppy at the F6 prompt while first installing XP.

or make a slipstream CD using nlite to add drivers and updates to a XP install CD

click here

bogsdollox1 22:39 30 Aug 09

thanx for the info but I am using a notebook pc which does not have a floppy drive and the other method I do not have a clue where to start!
CHEERS

bogsdollox1 17:11 31 Aug 09

Many thanks to Fruit Bat. Managed to get my neighbour to load the necessary info off the CD onto a floppy and everything works fine now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced