cannot find dll file?????

inapot69 19:01 13 Apr 03

i have recently bought escape from monkey island. i installed it and played it for a while ...i have gone bak after a few days and tried to play it again and it either comes up with message that it aannot find dll file or just error!
also my myst 3 exile will not load and says my system cannotsupport 3d rendering...or even the software rendering so it will not start...but i have played on this also before...
have i a virus? ihave run norton virus checker through my system ..nothing
i have attempeted to reinstall monkey twice to no avail..please help...

Confab 19:11 13 Apr 03

What is your o/s and whats the missing dll called?

Have you uninstalled something lately and removed the dll by mistake?

Amber

inapot69 08:51 14 Apr 03

under a header of monkey exe.:unable to locate component. the message says. this application has failed to start because WINMM.dll was not found. re installing the application may fix this problem..
but it doesnt. i am running xp pro. athlon 1.4
520mb ddr ram.
help its driving me mad
i cant remember removing anything..but i have tried to system restore back 1 week...
it says cannot restore to that point choose another...am i screwed???

Audeal 11:42 14 Apr 03

You will find the WINMM.dll here: click here

Download it and put it in your windows System Folder.

inapot69 19:20 14 Apr 03

went to dll.com
downloaded file winmm.dll went to put it into system folder and it said i already had one (a larger one) so i didn't put it in...wouldnt be a good idea i thought???
still same prob
uninstalled myst 3 and reinstalled now wont start either cursor goes to working then just goes back to ready....doesnt start or give me message about rendering as b4?

inapot69 19:20 14 Apr 03

went to dll.com
downloaded file winmm.dll went to put it into system folder and it said i already had one (a larger one) so i didn't put it in...wouldnt be a good idea i thought???
still same prob
uninstalled myst 3 and reinstalled now wont start either cursor goes to working then just goes back to ready....doesnt start or give me message about rendering as b4?

ellas 19:52 14 Apr 03

its possible the DLL you have already is corrupted,I had a prob like this recently and I d/loaded the DLL and replaced the one in the system folder and all was ok.

inapot69 13:39 15 Apr 03

downloaded dll file the one i have is in system 32...do i put mine in system or in system 32?
i have tried to put it in system....and then tried to load game but says same thing ...cant find it...HELP
my sysem restore still doesnt work...will that be linked to the same problem

anchor 14:05 15 Apr 03

I have this file in C:\windows\system. It is 64Kb and version 4.90.0300.

The download site version is 4.03.1998 and 26Kb.

I could e-mail my version of the file to you, if you want. Just send me a message by clicking on the yellow envelope next to my name.

inapot69 08:01 22 Apr 03

i have tried several times to replace the version of winmm.dll with one that "anchor" sent to me ..but it will not do it.
he suggests doing it via dos....however he does not have xp..i have xp...does anyone know how to do it thru dos on xp???
please help

Belatucadrus 11:57 22 Apr 03

Have a look at the Webattack missing files page click here it will also probably be worth downloading and running the VB runtime files, this sometimes resolves DLL issues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…