Cannot find a device file

Dazwm 18:42 15 May 03

A colleague mucked about with my laptop and the following error has occured:-
Cannot find a device file thay may be needed to run windows or a windows application.

The windows registry or SYSTEM.INI refers to this device file, but the device file no longer exists.

If you deleted this file on purpose, try uninstalling the associated application using its uninstall or setup program.

If you still want to use the application associated with this device file, try reinstalling that application to replace the missing file

msodisup.vxd

The OS is windows 98, but I have no disc because I brought of a friend a couple of years ago.

Please help if you can!!!

eccomputers 18:53 15 May 03

you can download it here click here

Gman 18:54 15 May 03

download the vxd here.
click here

Dazwm 18:59 15 May 03

What do I do then ? What do I open it with?

3Toed 19:01 15 May 03

This is what it is-maybe someone on the forum can give you some pointers-Windows ODI to NDIS Mapper.-means nothing to me.

Dazwm 19:29 15 May 03

I have downloaded the vxd but don't know what to do now!!

eccomputers 11:32 16 May 03

unzip it and copy it to the folder c:\windows\system32

Then reboot. Its a networking file

Dazwm 18:16 16 May 03

I have done the above but it won't let me change the pixels (currently 640 by 480 instead of 1024 by 768) and the colors are only 16, what now?

Dazwm 19:29 16 May 03

I think a driver has been deleted how do i get one
and how do i know which one to get

anchor 20:06 16 May 03

Have a look in control panel, System, Device Manager, Display adaptor, and see what graphic card you have.

You may then be able to find the driver set for this on the web, and re-install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…