CANNOT ENTER SOME SITES

LANDCRUISER 21:02 03 Nov 03

I have recently noticed that some sites that i could enter without any problems have now stoped me from entering.i am running windows xp with norton firewall & norton antivirus, i have tried closing norton firewall & antivirus down & enable xp firewall but i still cannot enter these sites do i need to alter anything else so i can gain access,i have not change any of my setting so i cannot understand why this has happened, please advice.

VoG II 21:05 03 Nov 03

What actually happens when you try to enter such a site? Can you post an example of one?

powerless 21:09 03 Nov 03

Also who is your ISP?

LANDCRUISER 21:31 03 Nov 03

thanks for your replies vog & powerless, my isp is aol,i have tried to get into click here & click here & click here i use to be able to get into these sites,the only thing that happens is i get a blank screen

VoG II 21:34 03 Nov 03

Try doing a search for a file called HOSTS (no file extension). If you find one (or more) open in Notepad and look for reference to those sites. If you find one (or more) try renaming the file to HOSTS.OLD and try again.

whybe 21:36 03 Nov 03

Sorry this will not be of much help, I'm on BT Yahoo BB and can get into tne Pentland site but not get 'page cannot be displayed' by the sound of their web addresses they don't sound like the type that would be blocked. Sorry.

GroupFC 21:47 03 Nov 03

Are you sure you've got the addresses right of the second and third ones as I get "pages cannot be found" (of course the sites may be down!). The first one I am able to get using Opera but not IE6 (don't ask me why!).

LANDCRUISER 21:55 03 Nov 03

i have done a search & come up with none, using hosts(no files extension), but without (no files extension i found over 200 what do i need to do now

LANDCRUISER 21:58 03 Nov 03

yes the sites i given are correct

VoG II 22:00 03 Nov 03

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by "i have done a search & come up with none, using hosts(no files extension), but without (no files extension i found over 200 what do i need to do now"

Have you found any files called simply HOSTS?

LANDCRUISER 15:37 04 Nov 03

yes i have found over 200 files with hosts in the title,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…