Cannot enable digital CD audio

alanplayford 19:43 06 Mar 03

Any ideas on how to get digital audio from my CD / DVD? My Elite K7S5A m/b and Win ME have a master HDD and slave IDE CDRW 8x4x32 on the Primary bus, and a master HDD and slave DVD-ROM on the secondary bus.
Although it used to work, I cannot play or copy music in Win Media Player 9 or other players. >WMP9 shows "Win Media Player encountered an error when reading the CDROM drive in figital mode. Click OK or switch to analog mode.....". The system device properties show both CD and DVD as working OK, but "Digital CD Playback" is greyed-out, with "Enable digital CD audio" tick box already checked.

powerless 19:46 06 Mar 03

Do you have the inernal digitial cable from CD/DVD drive to soundcard?

powerless 19:46 06 Mar 03

Well internal from the CD drive.

alanplayford 20:38 06 Mar 03

I did have cables connected from both CDROM and DVD to the SB Live! card, but - after having seen another similar problem within here - removed it and tried again. No joy, I'm afraid, Powerless! :o(

alanplayford 09:45 07 Mar 03

OK, I finally managed to fix this, but only by reinstalling Win ME, which is rather drastic! I have no idea why it happened in the first place, unless maybe the automatic update to WMP9 caused a problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…