Cannot edit files dowloaded from remote folders

scoops 17:30 17 Apr 05

I have recently had my PC breakdown on me, containg all the files to my web site. I now have a new machine, and have managed to log into my ftp and can 'see' my remote folders. However, I can make no ammendments or upload the files. Any one have any ideas how to do this.

Forum Editor 20:03 17 Apr 05

you used to design your site, but can't you import your site directly from the server into whichever program you used?

Alternatively, transfer the remote files from the server to your hard drive via FTP and then edit them for upload again - as fourm member says.

scoops 22:44 18 Apr 05

I am using Dreamweaver MX 2004, and have just been using the ftp functionality within it. Through this I am able to download the remote files and edit them, however it gives me no option to 'put' the files.

The site is hosted through 1and1.

scoops 14:31 19 Apr 05

I think i solved it last night. I beleive i was only 'opening' remnote files locally therefore in a read-only format, hence i couldnt upload them. This was resovled when i actually 'got' the file from the remote folder.

Job Done, Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…