cannot download/play free mp3 from dotmusic

Cosmic Guerilla 14:32 25 Oct 03

I am running XP and have Windows Media Player 8.0 and RealOne v 2.0 build 6.0.11.868.

I have been trying to download 3 free Raveonettes tracks from the dotmusic site at click here

Unfortunately, if I right click on the links on the page Internet Explorer attempts to save them at HTML, if I save as All Files I still can't read/play them.

I have tried right clicking and then saving them using Flashget. This saves the files as MP3 files but they are only 27K each so that doesn't seem right?

If I then try to play the files Windows Media Player gives the following error when I try to play the MP3: Cannot play back this file, the format is not supported.

RealOne says A General Error has occurred. File Format cannot find MPEG file header. This may not be an MPEG file.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a problem on the dotmusic site?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

leo49 14:37 25 Oct 03

Think there must be a problem with the site - just tried all download methods with the same results as you.

Cosmic Guerilla 21:15 27 Oct 03

Thanks leo49, for checking that out for me. It's good to know that the problem wasn't on my side.

I subsequently got some 30 second samples from the Raveonettes home site so was able to get an idea of what they sounded like before going to see them at a gig here in Dublin at the weekend.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…