Cannot download zip file

weschris 10:28 18 Jan 09

Can anyone help. I have been trying to download a zip file from a web site. After clicking on the download I click save to desktop. After it says download is complete all I have on my desktop is the IE icon (large E) and the name of the file. If I should double click on the icon I just get a flashing screen.

Sea Urchin 10:58 18 Jan 09

You need to unzip it first - try right-clicking and see if there is an option to unzip or unpack. If not then you need a compression program - 7-zip is an excellent one and it's free from here

click here

Install that first, and then when you right click on your zipped file you will see options for 7-zip - click on Extract Here, and the program file will appear on the desktop - you can then double click that in the usual way.

weschris 11:06 18 Jan 09

Thanks very much, just opened the file with 7-zip. I have been trying for days to find the solution.

Sea Urchin 11:14 18 Jan 09

Glad to hear it's sorted - thanks for the feedback, and maybe tick and click as resolved?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…