Cannot download those small images on OE

timothywilliam 21:33 14 Apr 05

Several months ago I asked a question on this forum " Ever since I downloaded Service Pack 2 onto my computer with Windows XP on it all the small images that come with my E.mails from the likes of magazines and companies in Outlook Express 6 are blank with a little red cross in the top right hand corner. I thought this was a Security level issue and unticked the "Block images and other external content in HTML e. mail" in Tools>Options >Security but the images still do not download. I have my other general Windows security level at default which is Normal. I want the small images to be downloaded when I go into OE so what do I do please ?
A reply to this was " Have you Disabled "Do not open attachments that may potentially house a virus" from (IIRC) View in OE;

Answer Yes.
'have you Enabled Show Pictures from Tools>Advanced? '

Answer : I do not have this option but I do have :
"Block images and other external detail in HTML"
I have set both suggestions so that the boxes are unticked, but still I cannot download those small images in OE 6.

Thanks in advance for any help,

VoG II 22:12 14 Apr 05

Untick the box to disconnect after Send/Receive if you really want to see these adverts.

timothywilliam 20:01 15 Apr 05

Hello VOG,

This box is already unticked.
It is not adverts I am trying to view, it is text with the small associated images attached to e.mails.

PAC1 22:26 16 Apr 05

The reason you do not see the pictures immediately is that they are not in the e-mail and are downloaded separately.
Service pack 2 stops them being downloaded until you allow it.

At the top of the e-mail under the subject line you will see an information line which says:-

Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer. Click here to download pictures.

If you click on this the pictures will be downloaded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…