cannot download from a sd card

nutty norm 09:37 02 Aug 14

i have a nikon digital camera with an SD card installed i can see a video i have on the camera, and am trying to get it on to my computer it downloads the photos but not the video, all i get is a blue screen when trying to view these vidoes, any answers would be grateful, nutty norm

NewestRoyWidd2 10:43 02 Aug 14

The recommended way to transfer images and videos from any digital camera is to use a card reader in a USB port,and not the camera's software.

nutty norm 17:51 02 Aug 14

thanks to everyone i have tried downloading from the USB port on my computer, i have just found out the files are in AVI -FORMAT and my camera is a Nikon coolpix S4000 nutty norm (ps i have a card reader on my computer and have tried that also and that did not work will i need to convert the files to a more compatable format

nutty norm 22:32 04 Aug 14

Thanks to all.i found on my sd card was an avi file which i managed to convert to a format that my dvd player would recognise even though most of the free converters came with a load of junk i managed them in the end , in the future i will only used the camera to take pictures and not movies, nutty norm

nutty norm 22:32 04 Aug 14

Thanks to all.i found on my sd card was an avi file which i managed to convert to a format that my dvd player would recognise even though most of the free converters came with a load of junk i managed them in the end , in the future i will only used the camera to take pictures and not movies, nutty norm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…