Cannot download pictures in email attachments

ronjon 14:52 21 Dec 07

I have just switched from BT dial up to BT broadband & am presented with the boxed space with the red 'x' in the top left corner. How do I go about downloading the picture from the emails I receive. Also since switching from dial up to bt broadband the pc freezes quite frequently, & in 9 out of 10 times results in me having to restart the pc. This is after I have pressed ctrl - alt - delete which leaves me with a greyed out window in the middle of the screen which refuses to be deleted. Any help, given in simple terms would be greatfully received.
Ronjon

Clapton is God 14:54 21 Dec 07

Which e-mail client?

Clapton is God 14:54 21 Dec 07

BB - modem or router?

ronjon 16:14 21 Dec 07

Clapton is God
email client being friends!!

ronjon 16:16 21 Dec 07

Clapton is God
Router bt voyager 220v

Clapton is God 16:16 21 Dec 07

No, wrong answer.

Which program do you use to send/receive e-mails? Outlook Express, Outlook, etc?

ronjon 16:27 21 Dec 07

Clapton is God
Sorry I'm new at this. Outlook express is the client. Ronjon

Clapton is God 16:31 21 Dec 07

To get rid of the red x in e-mail attachments, in OE go to Tools; Options; Security and un-tick 'Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail'. Click Apply and OK

ronjon 17:13 21 Dec 07

Clapton is God
Followed instructions but the 'apply' is greyed out. The 'block images', has now been unticked & remains unticked but cannot confirm the action because of the greyed 'apply'. any suggestions?
ronjon

ronjon 17:32 21 Dec 07

Clapton is God
Followed instructions but the 'apply' is greyed out. The 'block images', has now been unticked & remains unticked but cannot confirm the action because of the greyed 'apply'. any suggestions?
ronjon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…