Cannot download pictures in email attachments

ronjon 14:52 21 Dec 07

I have just switched from BT dial up to BT broadband & am presented with the boxed space with the red 'x' in the top left corner. How do I go about downloading the picture from the emails I receive. Also since switching from dial up to bt broadband the pc freezes quite frequently, & in 9 out of 10 times results in me having to restart the pc. This is after I have pressed ctrl - alt - delete which leaves me with a greyed out window in the middle of the screen which refuses to be deleted. Any help, given in simple terms would be greatfully received.
Ronjon

Clapton is God 14:54 21 Dec 07

Which e-mail client?

Clapton is God 14:54 21 Dec 07

BB - modem or router?

ronjon 16:14 21 Dec 07

Clapton is God
email client being friends!!

ronjon 16:16 21 Dec 07

Clapton is God
Router bt voyager 220v

Clapton is God 16:16 21 Dec 07

No, wrong answer.

Which program do you use to send/receive e-mails? Outlook Express, Outlook, etc?

ronjon 16:27 21 Dec 07

Clapton is God
Sorry I'm new at this. Outlook express is the client. Ronjon

Clapton is God 16:31 21 Dec 07

To get rid of the red x in e-mail attachments, in OE go to Tools; Options; Security and un-tick 'Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail'. Click Apply and OK

ronjon 17:13 21 Dec 07

Clapton is God
Followed instructions but the 'apply' is greyed out. The 'block images', has now been unticked & remains unticked but cannot confirm the action because of the greyed 'apply'. any suggestions?
ronjon

ronjon 17:32 21 Dec 07

Clapton is God
Followed instructions but the 'apply' is greyed out. The 'block images', has now been unticked & remains unticked but cannot confirm the action because of the greyed 'apply'. any suggestions?
ronjon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant