Cannot download pdf's - any ideas??

Skinn 15:41 19 May 06

“This page cannot be displayed” and “Cannot find server or DNS Error” are displayed. I have gone throught the on-screen instructions but under the following:

"If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0."

I cannot find PCT 1.0 – what does this mean?
Any other ideas what the problem might be?

Jackcoms 16:02 19 May 06
  Skinn 16:40 19 May 06

It's not secure sites that are a problem - it's any Word or PDF downloads at present. Have tried turning off firewall and have installed Mozilla Firefox to no avail.

CLONNEN 18:40 19 May 06

Have you tried right-clicking on the Download links and selecting Save Target As?

Skinn 22:24 19 May 06

Just tried this and selected 'save link as', clicked 'save again' and it downloaded onto my desktop immediately. The website in question is the claims forms page click here. Normally, I just click on the link and it downloads - what might have changed? Thank you for solving the problem.

DieSse 00:55 20 May 06

Look in IE at Tools - Internet Options - Security Settings and check whether you have ticks in the right places under the Downloads section.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…