cannot download with netscape 7.1 browser...help!

ian wilkinson_WILF 21:42 12 Jun 04

HELLO,
my problem is i cannot download using netscape 7.1.
just half hour ago i wanted to download winamp 5.1 went through all motions,on winamp site,then hit download button..nothing! the usuall message saying thank you..but if it failed to download click here! i did but nothing, no error messages,nothing..
i did use I.E.to download it no probs..I.E.opened the dialogue box..do u wish to open or save the file ect.
the thing is i like netscape 7.1 so i would like this prob fixed.it must have only started recently
i download a lot of photos.when i do save image as. then it opens the box in left corner of desktop i choose my pics-then sub folder-then save then it flickers the box disapears as though it as saved it!
when i check no pics?
well thats that..i run win.xp home.bt broadband..and 2 weeks ago installed lexmark x1160 all in one.
oh yes i can print ok? text and photos with 7.1 ?
thank you if you can help
ian

stalion 22:04 12 Jun 04

have you tried edit,preferences,downloads and ticked open download manager

ian wilkinson_WILF 22:52 12 Jun 04

HI,
yes i have that preference set in netscape,if i go to tools on the tool bar and click on download manager.as well,nothing!
i get no error messages,nothing
ian

stalion 23:18 12 Jun 04

is netscape set as your de-fault browser?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…