Cannot download Hotmail attachments

splinternet 08:54 10 Feb 04

Trying to download some attachments. After the first 100Kb or so, the download appears to stall (to be accurate, it goes very slowly, about 3-4Kb/s) and after about a minute it times out. I have two hotmail accounts, this happens with both. I also have a Yahoo account, I can download the attachments there no problem. I can forward the attachments from my Hotmail inbox, and can even send them as new email. I just can't download. I've been passed from pillar to post by various MSN Help agencies, the best they could come up with was (a) it's a virus (no it isn't), (b) it's a transmission problem with your ISP (no it isn't), or (c) it's a problem with Internet Explorer (no it isn't - I get the same problem on two separate pc's, one running Win XP, the other Win 98). Anyone got any other suggestions?

Sethhaniel 15:26 10 Feb 04

also they are filtering forwarded web addresses (url's)

splinternet 15:57 10 Feb 04

Not if you buy extra storage as I have done - a single attachment can be 10Mb. I have one email with a 400k attachment, the other has two attachments of 1Mb and 79k. Interstingly, I've now discovered I can download the attachments ok if I use Outlook Express (I've been using Outlook 2000 up till now) although I still can't download them going straight to click here

I don't think the filtering affects my problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…