Cannot download files over 45 gig.

prince midas 17:16 21 Apr 06

I am not on broadband,just a normal 56k connection.
If I try to download a file through windows which will not allow downloaders such as Flashget or Getright I find that I get cutoff because my machine cannot download the file in the 2 hours maximum my provider allows.
I there a way around this problem.

pj123 17:20 21 Apr 06

The only way round this that I know is get yourself on Broadband. If that is not possible for you to do email me the file you want to download and I will download it for you, put it on a CD and post it to you.

Use the envelope next to my name.

SG Atlantis® 17:23 21 Apr 06

pj123 45gig on a cd?

try 8, maybe 9 or 10 dvd r disks.

ACOLYTE 17:24 21 Apr 06

You mean the site doesnt allow download helpers?
Windows should allow you to use them.45 Gig would take an age on dial up,you would be better off taking up pj123's generous offer,unless you get BB.

ACOLYTE 17:25 21 Apr 06

I assumed he realized this thats why i didnt mention it lol.

prince midas 17:29 21 Apr 06

Sorry friends it should have been 45 megs. But that would take me well over 2 hours which is too big for my slow internet connection. I am just generalising my problem and will not take up your offer at this moment in time. My question still applies for 45 megs.

ACOLYTE 17:33 21 Apr 06

can you search for another site that does allow dload helpers?

Mikè 17:33 21 Apr 06

Try using a browser such as Opera or Firefox which have built in download managers.

remind 17:36 21 Apr 06

Neither of them can resume un-finished downloads though.

pj123 17:37 21 Apr 06

I think I was blinded. I didn't read the gig bit, I assumed it was 45mb and not gb. Nobody would have a 45gb file surely, would they?

And, prince midas my answer still applies, switch to Broadband.

remind 17:41 21 Apr 06

I don't use Getright, but it can apparently search for file-mirrors itself, it may find resumable versions of the file(s) you're looking for on its own. click here

Otherwise I agree with what's been said about upgrading to BB, or asking a friend with BB to download the file and put it on CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…