Cannot download emails to Outlook Express

chartwise 12:29 18 Feb 07

I am having problems downloading my emails into Outlook Express.
I am using the latest version of Bullguard Firewall& Antivirus software.

I was told by their tech support to set the Generic Host Process for Win32 Services to "ALLOW". Currently it is set to blocked.

Problem is that when I set the Generic Host Process for Win32 Services to "ALLOW"
I found that I cannot stay online for more than about 5 minutes and get the
following error message:
"Generic Host Process for Win32 Services caused a problem and your computer will be shut down. Sorry for any inconvenience".

Then the computer shuts down and I have to reboot. I have had to reset the Generic Host Process for Win32 Services back to "BLOCKED" and do a WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE back one
day to get rid of this problem.

This also means I cannot get my emails dowloaded through Outlook Express again.
I get the following message:
A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk',
Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Can anyone please help me get through this problem. I am using Windows XP Media Centre edition and Bullguard v7.0 security.

All help very much appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:37 18 Feb 07

click here

1. This is a possible corruption of the pop3uidl file. Close your internet connection and all programs. Search for the file pop3uidl and delete it. Reconnect and it should work.

2. Repeat step 1 with a reboot before you check your mail again.

3. You may have a corrupt or a very large file attachment on the mailserver. Large file attachments, mail that are missing headers, or mail that do not conform to the mail RFC's can cause this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…