//some 3rd party need geo

Cannot download e-mail from Tiscali

ams4127 22:34 09 Apr 03

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend. He is using Win98 and Outlook Express and his ISP is Tiscali.

Someone has sent him a huge e-mail and/or attachment which is causing his machine to "crash" before it downloads. I assume he means timesout. I have told him how to alter the timeout settings but it is still causing a problem. He knows that he has several other e-mails waiting but can't get at them because of this log jam.

He can't delete this monster because it is still on the server.

Has anyone got an answer to this, or come up against a similar problem?

Thanks in advance, I'll pick up any answers tomorrow night.

Demora 22:41 09 Apr 03

Go to tiscalis website and delete the file by logging into email account on line

Demora

ams4127 22:45 09 Apr 03

That was quick! Thanks Demora, I'll pass that on.

Xpress 23:01 09 Apr 03

I had same trouble with Virgin and after some expensive calls to get them to clear my box, they told me of a free download which would show all the content on the server before attempting to draw down to my PC. You can call into your email accounts from any machine securely and it has really worked for me. Log into mail2web.com and you can unclog your mailbox, preview messages and delete spam leaving only valued messages to be drawn down by your normal reader prog via Tiscali. It is FREE but the shareware author offers benefits from small donations sent to him. Good luck!

ams4127 19:20 10 Apr 03

Thanks for that brilliant suggestion. Not only will I pass it on but will use it myself.

Demora. I passed your solution on this morning and he will sort things out this weekend.

My sincere thanks to both of you for taking the trouble to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…