Cannot download

alexanders 13:11 01 Jan 03
  alexanders 13:11 01 Jan 03

I have been trying to download drivers,etc without success.

When I press the download button the screen changes to a blank screen with a small cube in the top left corner - it is yellow, red and blue.
Nothing further happens.

I have switched off my Norton virus checker but this does not help.

I have also tried to upgrade from IE5 to IE6 using the Windows update site and free disks from magazines but the instalation always stalls. Not sure if this is connected?

Any thoughts?

scooby43 13:17 01 Jan 03

Hi alexanders

click here you could try downloading a program called freshdownload which I use it also lets you resume the download later and it is free to register :) hope this might be of help to you.

cheers

Andsome 13:24 01 Jan 03

Just a thought. Why not try putting your Windows disc in and tell it to install? It will not try to install another operating system on top of the old one, but may well replace a file or files which has or have become corrupted or deleted. You will not do any harm and you may solve your problem. Remember first of all to disable any AV program that you have running.

Andsome 13:26 01 Jan 03

It has just occured to me that first you should try repairing Internet Explorer. If you do not know how, just post back.

scooby43 13:32 01 Jan 03

oops sorry I must have miss read the question sorry

Piggy,Piggy 14:03 01 Jan 03

It could be due to a firewall barring it, but the blank screen seems to dispel that theory, but try disabling your firewall and if you haven't got one, GET ONE.

Piggy,Piggy 14:04 01 Jan 03

PS that happened to me before with MP3 downloads, I have now changed firewall

alexanders 14:17 01 Jan 03

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I do not have a firewall so I think I should try to repair Internet Explorer - Andome, any suggestions on how I should do this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Bowman 14:20 01 Jan 03

Just a thought.
Select TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS from the IE tool bar. Select the SECURITY tab, click on the globe and then select CUSTOM LEVEL.
Tab down the list and see if FILE DOWN LOAD is enabled.

Andsome 14:29 01 Jan 03

Start/Settings/Control panel/Add & Remove programs. Highlight Internet Exporer and select REMOVE. You will then be offered three choices. Click onto REPAIR INTERNET EXPLORER. DON'T be scared to click onto REMOVE as suggested, I guarentee that you will be offered the three choices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…