Cannot delete internet sites

KCR 22:02 02 Jan 05

Some websites I have visited have embedded their addresses so that they cannot be deleted. For example, the Yorkshire Divers website has become embedded in Internet Explorer so even if I delete the internet files and clear the history whenever I type www.y

the yorkshire divers website comes up. Now this is useful for some websites but I so many webistes now do this that its not helpful - for example music wma etc sites which I rarely use are now embedded. Any idea how I delete these permanently so that they don't always appear ?

Any help gratefully received,

Nellie2 22:11 02 Jan 05

There is a fantastic application you can try called MRU blaster - MRU stands for Most Recently Used click here

KCR 23:03 02 Jan 05

Thanks but unfortunately this doesn't work and all the old sites are still there - any other ideas would be appreciated and thanks for the help so far (running that file did remove 1500+ refs!)

megat193 23:09 02 Jan 05

Have you thought about Webroot's 'Window Washer'?
click here
It is very thorough.

kev.Ifty 23:19 02 Jan 05

Have you tried TOOLS/OPTIONS. Contents Tab/AUTO COMPLETE

You may have to close your browser, then reopen for this to work!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…