Cannot delete folder, and Missing or corrupt file

Big Tonga 22:10 31 Mar 05

Hi,
I have been having problems with my laptops's memory lately, and I had one replaced. Ever since I have had problems deleting some specific files - for example a temporary file I was going to write to cd - I can't delet it now and it never goes away!
It says: "Cannot delete Addresses2.doc: The directory is invalid" (addresses2 is the name of the doc in the folder it is having trouble with). Another time on starting the computer it came up with the message "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System 32\drivers\isapnp.sys".

The computer is not and has never been hooked up to the internet. Help! I am not very computer literate....

Mary

Joe R 22:17 31 Mar 05
  User-312386 22:19 31 Mar 05

1. Ensure that the file is still on the hard drive and in exactly the same place/folder it was in before putting in a folder to write to.

2. To rid yourself of System 32\drivers\isapnp.sys you have to go to Start>run and type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes and also note the space between the sfc and /).

Have your XP disc to hand, unless you dont have an XP disc, this will detect and repair automatically.

VoG II 22:21 31 Mar 05

Remove on Reboot click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…