cannot delete folder

absent 17:11 27 Jan 06

WinXP pro.I created a folder called email on my desktop to store some .dbx files, it is now empty but if I attempt to delete it I get an error message on the lines of, cannot delete folder, cannot find the specified path.

absent 21:09 27 Jan 06

^

VoG II 21:13 27 Jan 06

Right click it, Properties. What does it say in the Target box and does this location actually exist?

absent 21:19 27 Jan 06

VoG™, C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\Desktop.
I have tried going to this location and cannot delete it from there either.

imacd 22:03 27 Jan 06

A long shot, but try moving it to another location eg C:\ and then delete it? It worked for me with a stubborn folder!

VoG II 22:08 27 Jan 06
  rsinbad 22:20 27 Jan 06

if you create new folder then drag your folder into it, then try to delete. might work

wee eddie 23:50 27 Jan 06

Turning the PC off.

Not a Re-boot.

It frequently works.

rsturbo 00:08 28 Jan 06

Open a Command Prompt window and leave it open. Close all open programs. Click Start, Run and enter TASKMGR.EXE Go to the Processes tab and End Process on Explorer.exe. Leave Task Manager open. Go back to the Command Prompt window and change to the directory the AVI (or other undeletable file) is located in. At the command prompt type DEL <filename> where <filename> is the file you wish to delete. Go back to Task Manager, click File, New Task and enter EXPLORER.EXE to restart the GUI shell. Close Task Manager.

SANTOS7 00:09 28 Jan 06

click here
this may help..

octal 07:37 28 Jan 06

You might have to change the permissions click here;en-us;308419&sd=tech have a look to see if you have full control of the file, if you don't, change the permission in the security tab. Its possible Windows thinks its a system folder for some reason and set permission accordingly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…