Cannot delete folder

Tabatha 11:12 19 Oct 03

Hi. I want to delete something I downloaded from the Internet, but each time I try to uninstall, even by using Norton Cleen Sweep I get the following message:-

Cannot delete file
Access is denied. Make sure the disk in not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Any help would be appreciated. It's not important, just wondering why I can't get rid of it.

Thanks

The Spires 11:22 19 Oct 03

Often restarting the Pc in safe mode enables you to do this, restart your pc and after the bios has flashed by keep tapping F8 key, then select start in safe mode. The pc witll start in a mode with few drivers etc running. The screen will look a little wierd as it's running is basic graphic settings. After deleting just restart and your Pc will go back as normal. If this don't work post back as there are other avenues to try.

Tabatha 11:56 19 Oct 03

Well - the Spires, thanks very much indeed. Did exactly what you suggested, and deleted file in safe mode....

I don't know anything about Safe Mode either!!!! Still don't!! But it worked whatever!!

Thanks again
Tabatha

The Spires 12:06 19 Oct 03

:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…