Cannot delete a file

RobG126 18:28 25 Jul 04

I have an avi file on my pc which is about 730MB and whenever i try to delete it, it says a program is using the file. I have restarted my PC loads of times and checked the file for viruses, but still no luck. There is definately something wrong with the file cos it only plays about 1 min of video and for a file that size it must be wrong. Also when i try to get the files properties up it never appears. Is there anyway to get rid of this file???

smokingbeagle 18:39 25 Jul 04

re-start your pc in safe mode and then delete your rogue file.

RobG126 18:52 25 Jul 04

how do i get into safe mode. I tried pressing f8 on start up but it asked me whether i wanted to boot from cd, floppy or hard disk? Also tried pressing DEL on starup but couldn't see the option?

Sturmey 15:24 19 Sep 04

Select boot from hard disk pc should then boot into safe mode. or in windows goto start>run type msconfig thrn press enter click boot.ini tab select /SAFEBOOT then restart pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…