cannot delete contact from messenger

inapot69 11:02 26 Jul 05

hi
i hope someone can help
when i try to delete a contact from messenger it says i cannot do it at that time and to try later...then it logs me off and i have to re-log in
i have tried loads of times over the last month or so
still nothing.
can anyone help

ACOLYTE 11:05 26 Jul 05

Have you tried blocking the contact,then removing it?

hubdean 14:41 26 Jul 05

as i understand it if the other contact has u in there messenger u cannot delete them ??
get a new account start

hubdean 14:42 26 Jul 05

again

sorry

ACOLYTE 12:49 27 Jul 05

I dont belive that someone having you in there messenger list makes any odds as to wether you can delete this contact from your list or not.you should still be able to delete contacts as you like regardless if they have you as a contact,i have done this many times,the only thing i can suggest is you uninstall messenger,and try MSN messenger 7 then see if you can delete the contact fron that version.

hubdean 15:57 27 Jul 05

dont bet on it

ACOLYTE 23:01 27 Jul 05

Well it certainly has'nt stopped me in the past from deleting contacts from my msn list.If that were the case it would be pretty pointless adding contacts in the first place if you cannot delete them if you wish.

VoG II 23:08 27 Jul 05

Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger or another Messenger?

Satmansq 12:21 28 Jul 05

I dont remember where I saw it or what it was called but I seem to remember a program that prevented you from deleting a contact and also from blocking them, unless someone has a better idea a new account may be the only answer

inapot69 13:13 28 Jul 05

i have contacted them and they said i am off their contact list already
but how do i uninstall messenger..(msn)
i cant find any uninstall file, add or remove ..or anything?

BH34 13:31 28 Jul 05

In the notification area on the taskbar (near the clock), click the MSN Messenger icon , and then click Exit.
Do one of the following:
For users of Microsoft Windows XP:
On the taskbar, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
Under Currently installed programs, click MSN Messenger, and then click Remove.
For users of a Microsoft Windows operating system other than Microsoft Windows XP:
On the taskbar, click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
Under Currently installed programs, click MSN Messenger, and then click Remove.
Click Yes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…