"Cannot Create Share Memory"

Elderslie 17:02 23 Feb 03

I have Windows XP with 358mb RAM. After I have been working for a couple of hours up comes a little Info Box saying "Cannot Create Share Memory" Since to my knowledge I have never asked it to do that, I would like to know --Should I be worried about this and if so what should I do about it, and if it shouldn't worry me how can I stop it coming up ??
Thanking you in anticipation!

Lú-tzé 22:29 23 Feb 03

Sounds like you need to increase what used to be called "virutal memory" - don't know its title on XP. Look in your help for virtual memory and see how to increase it.

powerless 22:35 23 Feb 03

What are you working on?

Elderslie 17:24 24 Feb 03

To Powerless I was writing some e-mails, and occasionally when my mind goes blank I play a couple of games of Freecell, and around there is when up comes the "Cannot create share memory". I must admit it hasn't happened today, and I don't think I have done anything different!

Elderslie 20:05 25 Feb 03

OK I've increased the virtual memory, we'll see how it goes. I'll keep my fingers crossed, which doesn't make typing any easier. If it don't work I'll be back!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…