Cannot copy files onto "F" drive

373Bob 21:59 17 Apr 08

When I try to copy files from my hard drive onto my DVD-RW drive (F), I get the following alert message - - F is not accessible. Incorrect Function. Any ideas as to the cause?
It has worked in the past; but has been some time since I last had cause to make a back-up file copy in this way. I am still able to copy to a USB stick, and also to SD memory cards, but this drive will not play ball.

MAT ALAN 22:20 17 Apr 08

uninstall the drive in device manager reboot and let windows re-detect the drive..

or

try different media, you may have put a non compatable disc in your drive or it maybe your drive just does not like the make of disc (known)..

373Bob 20:47 18 Apr 08

Thanks. Will try "route 1" in the first instance. With regard to incompatible media, this too is becomming a problem as brands formally acceptable are proving a problem. I use Roxio 10 currently and I am wondering if this software has "stolen" all the backup rights !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…