Cannot copy file Requested source is in use

rawprawn 15:12 03 Jun 04

Hi
I am trying to make a backup copy of a program I bought yesterday "Acronis Privacy Suite 7" whenever I try to copy it to aCD I get the above message. I have looked in Task Manager & it shows nothing is running, nor is anything in the system tray. I have looked in msconfig & stopped the pop up stopper that loads from it.I have even tried to copy it in safe mode with the same result. I don't know why I can't copy it. Any Ideas guys.

Valvegrid 15:27 03 Jun 04

If you're trying to copy it from your hard drive it probably can't be done because when the program is first loaded on to your computer it puts all manner of DLL files on your system, to say nothing of all the registry entries it makes to your system.

The only sure way of making a backup is with the original program before it's loaded. This is easy if it's programs loaded off the internet because I've saved all the EXE files in a separate partition and CD incase I need to reload them after a disaster, which has happened a couple of times.

rawprawn 15:33 03 Jun 04

Thanks for the reply, as it happens I have cured the problem simply by formatting the CD using Easy CD creator and then using that to copy the program.I still don't really understand but it's done the job.

Valvegrid 15:43 03 Jun 04

Great stuff! Well done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…