Cannot copy to cd-r

dugit 18:24 24 Apr 07

I keep two copies of my photos on cd-r (packard bell 700MB) but I now find I cannot "burn" files to either of the cd-r's (only 121MB of space used), on the screen it comes up:

Error copying file or folder
Cannot create or replace.Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.

I can "burn" the same files to a cd-rw OK.
Any suggestions please?

Diodorus Siculus 18:31 24 Apr 07

Generally speaking, CD-R disks can be burnt to only once - unless you use the multisession option. If you finalised the disk after burning the files to it, then it will not accept others.

dugit 18:49 24 Apr 07

I have not heard of multisession option where do you find this?
Regards

dugit 18:55 24 Apr 07

Also are DVD-r's the same as CD-r's and can only be burnt once?

MAJ 18:59 24 Apr 07

You can use both DVDRs and CDRs in multisession mode, you should see the option when you choose to burn either a 'Data' CDR or a 'Data' DVDR.

Diodorus Siculus 19:21 24 Apr 07

What software do you use for the disk burning?

dugit 19:46 24 Apr 07

I recently got Nero 6 for burning DVD's, previous used windows XP for cd's.

Totally-braindead 19:50 24 Apr 07

In Nero 6 on the last page, the burn page, theres a box you can tick for multisession. If this is not ticked Nero will finalise it and you cannot add anything to it.
Its Nero I use.

dugit 20:09 24 Apr 07

Its the Nero 6 oem version I have.

MAJ 20:39 24 Apr 07

Yes the option is there in Nero 6 OEM version. Choose to create a Data DVD, add your files, click 'Finished' then the page in the screenshot below will appear, make sure the Multisession box is ticked, then click 'Burn'. click here

dugit 20:41 24 Apr 07

Very many thanks for all the replies which I will follow up.
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…