Cannot connect using MSN Explorer

hibaz 12:33 10 Feb 09

Dear Sir,
After reformatting and reloading Windows XP Home I tried loading Service Pack 3 from the internet twice but each time it locked up my computer and I was unable to open MSN Explorer. It was cured each time by uninstalling SP3 using "Control Panel / uninstall software". I received an input via "Automatic Update" from Microsoft recommending that I install SP3 and against my better judgement I carried out the update. Again I cannot open "Internet MSN Explorer" or "E-Mail MSN Explorer" but get the following message - "We are not able to sign you in. There may be a problem with our service or your internet connection. Please try again later"
There is nothing wrong with my internet connection as I can connect without problem to MSN using "Windows Internet Explorer" and then clicking on to Hotmail to receive my e-mails.
Because it was a Microsoft initiated update I cannot uninstall SP3 this time. Will you please advise me how I can resolve this problem.

Jeffersonrex 13:24 10 Feb 09

I too have had the same problem. Not with MSN because I dont use it but service pack 3 stops my inetrnet connection. All enquiries to microsof go unanswered.

Graphicool1 15:15 10 Feb 09

Hi hibaz was there an error number with the message?

Graphicool1 10:23 11 Feb 09

hibaz - Keep it in the 'Forum' Please...

I consider unsolicited emails as an invasion of my privacy. Please refrain from this method of contact, unless I personally request it.

Thank You G1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now