Cannot connect to Mail folder on network

Dutch 19:15 06 Oct 06

I’d be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction……please bear with me on the length as I explain!

I have a small network with 5 computers and a couple of printers, all running through a switch to a broadband router. The machines access their Outlook .pst files via a Mail file on my machine which is shown as network disk ‘M:‘ on their machines.

I got fed up with the McAfee Security Suite (pop ups and generally not happy with it) and decided to install Norton Antivirus and Zone Alarm instead. After uninstall / install, the first machine connected OK and can access emails for that Outlook account as before although at first it couldn’t find the path to the .pst file (it can now, after entering all machines in ZA Trusted Zone). The second machine will not get the emails.

All machines are in the Zone Alarm Trusted Zone on the problem machine and I can ping the machine with the Mail folder no problem. No matter whether I am an Administrator or not, the second machine can see every folder on ‘M:’ >except the Mail folder!

The Mail folder has ‘Everyone’ in Permissions and I’m quickly running out of ideas. Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

Dutch

recap 10:59 07 Oct 06

check the Windows Firewall settings is allowing access?

STREETWORK 11:18 07 Oct 06

on the problem PC...

Dutch 20:04 07 Oct 06

Thanks for the replies....Windows Firewall is disabled as I'm using ZA.

Everything seems as it should in ZA - its just strange that I can see everything else in the network drive except the Mail folder............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…