Cannot Connect to Internet Through Router

Sulley 09:55 25 Jan 09

Hi All

I have been setting up a wireless Belkin router and could do with some help. I have connected the router to my PC and have managed to configure it through the network cable and it nows the router pick up the internet connection fine. I have managed to set up my wireless laptop and can access the internet through this.

My problem is that I cannot access the internet through the PC. The pc was connected to broadband through a modem before and obviously asked each time to dial up. I have changed the internet settings on windows to never dial a connection but still cannot access the net.

I have looked for ages to try and find out why it won't connect and guessing that there is something really stupid that I have missed. Any ideas would be much appreciated

mgmcc 13:36 25 Jan 09

Open a Command Prompt window ("Start > Run", type CMD and click OK) then, at the prompt, type...

ipconfig /all

...and press Enter. This will show details of all network adapters installed in the PC. Right click in the Command Prompt window, "Select All" and press Enter to copy the details to the clipboard. Paste the details into a forum reply here.

If you are unable to paste the details directly from the computer, because it cannot get online, paste them instead into a blank "Notepad" file, transfer the file to a working PC and copy/paste the details from there.

dawood 15:47 25 Jan 09

Did you configure network card on computer in order to connect to network? Check out these network card configuration in Vista click here or XP click here to help you.

Sulley 17:03 25 Jan 09

That might be it, I havent tried configuring the network card on the pc. I will have a go using the links you sent through. Thanks for the response I will let you know now it went

Tom2009 17:04 25 Jan 09

Hi, i have just had birgin broadband installed in my house and have been given a modem, unfortunatly as a i have laptop this is very anoying ebcause i cannot be on the move, so i have managed to get my hands on a netscape wireless router and am wondering how to connect it to my modem. thanks.

mgmcc 20:51 25 Jan 09

You need to start a new thread of your own, rather than asking a question which is unrelated to the topic in this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced