Cannot connect to Hotmail

chestnutcake 17:59 30 Mar 09

Hi

This enquiry is for my neighbour. His internet address is @hotmail.co.uk and he has Vista Home Premium. For some reason today, after accessing his emails and then going off line, when trying later to get into his emails, he gets a failure message and cannot access his mail. Can anyone give advice as to how to correct this problem please?? Normally, to access his Mail Box, he gets Google up then clicks on favourites and then in the drop down list, clicks on emails. He could access all the different links in his favourites list except emails.
Don't know whether there is any relevance in the fact that later today, his Internet connection could not be activated, so of course, no chance at all of getting any drop down menu. He has pulled out all the cables etc and put them back together.

Hoping someone can help.

lotvic 19:50 30 Mar 09

Has he actually got a working connection to the internet yet after putting all the cables back in?

He won't be able to collect any email or view any pages other than the pages saved in his history (these show up when you are working offline)

chestnutcake 20:03 30 Mar 09

Hi lotvic
Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, there is now a working connection to the Internet. Dave wants to write an email and so the first thing would be to go into favourites and click the link for the email area. However, he can access all the items in his favourites, except the email link. When he clicks on this, the message comes up, CANNOT DISPLAY HOTMAIL or words to that effect.

chestnutcake 20:31 30 Mar 09

Thanks for this suggestion, sounds quite feasible. I will not see my neighbour until tomorrow morning so I will advise him to try this out and I will post on here as to the outcome.
Thanks again

chestnutcake 10:43 31 Mar 09

Hi Marg7

I passed on your kind suggestion and he has bookmarked it for future reference. As it happens, he logged on this morning and Hotmail was working normally so perhaps it was a glitch in their system.

Thanks again for your help, this was very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…