cannot connect HDMI on BenQ E2220HD

maia 16:59 14 Nov 09

Hi!

I've got a brand new setup, mobo: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO (integrated graphics), Windows 7 64 bit and a BenQ E2220HD. After a bit of trouble I managed to install the new drivers. But now for some reason I can only connect the monitor using D-sub. If I try the HDMI cable I get the error "No HDMI1 signal detected". Any ideas would be very welcome!!

MAja

ArrGee 23:59 14 Nov 09

This could be the result of a wide variety of problems.

Do you have access to two monitors?

woodchip 00:06 15 Nov 09

BenQ E2220HD I take it this is a TV! if so are you using a DVI to HDMI cable?

ambra4 00:44 15 Nov 09

woodchip

BenQ E2220HD 21.5? LCD monitor with 2 USB, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI and 1 D-SUB ports

ambra4 01:11 15 Nov 09

Take a read in the motherboard manual 1.10 Connectors

16 - HDMI Port Dual Display Output Support

It says, “During Post only the monitor connected to the D-Sub port has display”

maia 02:26 15 Nov 09

ambra4 - not sure I understand this. But I've tried starting up with both cables connected and then switching to hdmi and it still doesn't detect it. But I was generaly under the impression that the motherboard woudl support digital display output? and unfortunately i do not have access to another monitor..

maia 02:31 15 Nov 09

oh, ambra4, I've jsut checked the manual - from what I understand your quote only applies to dual display support i.e. if i had one d-sub and one hdmi monitor, only the former would display the post screen, but as soon as it got to the windows boot both would? but I only want one hdmi display, so that is not relevant?

ambra4 02:41 15 Nov 09

“But I only want one hdmi display, so that is not relevant?”

You cannot have one hdmi display as the motherboard does not allow just a HMDI display only

HDMI + D-Sub or DVI + HDMI

ambra4 02:46 15 Nov 09

See if a DVI to HDMI adapter will work

click here

ambra4 02:50 15 Nov 09

Or even this cable

HDMI to DVI Male to Male Video Cable Gold Plated for DVD TV HDTV PS3

click here

maia 14:18 15 Nov 09

Wow, seriously? So you're saying with a single monitor I can either have it on D-sub or DVI, but not HDMI? In that case, since I already have a hdmi cable, I'd go for an adapter. But the one you linked to is DVI-I to HDMI, not DVI-D. I'm guessing that's relevant?

The reason I thought I'd go for HDMI is so I don't need an extra audio cable. That's quite annoying if what you say is true, although I can't find anything in the manual saying this, the only unsupported combinations refer to dual monitor setups?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced