Cannot connect to bluetooth speaker

matthew.cron 18:04 28 Jul 14

Hi

I have a Pure Jongo S3 wireless speaker, it has a bluetooth dongle in the back, as does my laptop. Until recently, I was able to view the Jongo in "My Bluetooth Devices" and connect to it using A2DP and stream my laptop music to the speaker with no problems.

All of a sudden, I can no longer connect to the speaker. The laptop still detects the Jongo, and shows it as a device in "My Devices" but when I try to connect to it, a progress bar comes up, then disappears, having failed to establish a connection.

I know the speaker is working because I can connect by smartphone to it using bluetooth and stream music from my phone. I know that the bluetooth adaptor on the laptop is working too, because I can connect my phone to the laptop and stream/send files via bluetooth.

Given that both devices are physically working, I can only assume I have somehow messed up the software, or changed the settings.

I have updated all drivers for relevant devices and my laptop is fully updated. It is a HP Pavillion 15-n032sa running Windows 8.1. The bluetooth adaptor is an Inateck 4.0 USB (Model No. BTA-CSR4B5. I have re-installed all the software and drivers with no success.

Any ideas? All help very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5