Cannot connect to Avast or Comodo

NewestRoyWidd1 12:21 19 May 09

Hello,for some reason I cannot connect to the home pages of either Avast antivirus,or Comodo firewall,all I get is "this page cannot be displayed".(Using both Opera and IE7)
I'm still getting regular updates from Avast,but need to register the home edition soon,also I tried to see if any Comodo Pro updates are available.
I also had this problem recently with A-squared when trying to get updates,I've sinced un-installed it.
All other net connections seem to be ok.I'm on XP Pro Sp2.Has anyone please got ideas or suggestions as to what the problem could be,and if there are any solutions?
Many thanks in advance,I'm going out until late this afternoon and will check replies then.

try with your firewall disconnected to rule it out

birdface 13:14 19 May 09

Maybe try this.

Try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns a small gap between ipconfig and forward slash or it will not work.Ok. it should tell you DNS has been flushed if so reboot and see if it works any better.

birdface 13:16 19 May 09

Maybe also time to give your security programs a run just in case.A squared would have been ok but as you have uninstalled it Try Malwarebytes free.

K9 15:28 19 May 09

You could also check your Hosts file, some malware added security sites to mine on one occasion.

NewestRoyWidd1 17:42 19 May 09

Finally home,well I'm not sure what happened while I was out,I'd loaded Spybot S & D before going and left it running.

If it found anything nasty,I don't know what,but I can now connect to both Avast and Comodo again.I'm also reloading A-squared again.I realise that because I don't know what S & D removed,it won't be of future help to others with similar problems.

Many thanks for all your suggestions,will tick as resolved now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…