cannot connect the adsl modem with network card

vaeri 09:23 03 Nov 05

I have Devolo's Microlink ADSL Fun Lan modem, which I am trying to connect to my computer via earthnet card. After connecting to my computer a I get a message that "you might not be able to access the internet or some other network resources.This porblem occoured because network didnot assign any network address to the computer"

I have uninstalled the Nortor firwall too but it didnot help. I tried the old USB adsl modem and it works without problem with usb port.

thanks
vaeri

mgmcc 00:30 04 Nov 05

Normally, a router allocates an IP address by DHCP to any computers which are connected to it. Check in the router's settings that DHCP is enabled. If your particular router doesn't support DHCP (which would be unusual), you would have to allocate an IP address in the same range as the router's manually. For example, if the router's IP address is 192.168.1.1 then give the network adapter these settings:

IP address 192.168.1.2

Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway 192.168.1.1 (the "router's IP Address)

DNS Server 192.168.1.1 (the "router's IP Address)

vaeri 03:38 04 Nov 05

I do not have a router attached to my computer. I am having only one computer and wanted to attach the modem thru the earthnet card.

mgmcc 08:19 04 Nov 05

In that case, the modem is not set up properly and the PC is failing to get the IP address allocated by your ADSL ISP. I cannot, unfortunately, give you specific settings because I use "cable", not ADSL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5