Cannot connect to admin router page

John72 00:37 30 Apr 09

Hi,
I have a desktop computer that has a wired connection to a D-Link DSL-G604T router. Everything has been working fine for months but now i cannot connect the internet or even go to the router admin page (10.1.1.1). I just get a Connection Interrupted message when I try to access the page. I have gone to ipconfig on the computer and nothing shows up.
I also have a laptop and that can still connect to the internet through a wireless or wired connection. The wired connection is using the same cable i plug into my desktop. So i know the cables not faulty.
Does anyone know how i can retify this problem?

mgmcc 11:54 30 Apr 09

Is the router's IP address definitely 10.1.1.1?

There's no reason why it shouldn't have been configured to use that address, although the default for a D-Link DSL-G604T is 192.168.1.1

>>> I have gone to ipconfig on the computer and nothing shows up.

Are you saying there are no adapter details shown at all in IPCONFIG? If that's the case, are the network adapters shown in (a) Device Manager and (b) the Network Connections folder?

John72 23:01 30 Apr 09

Yes the routers IP address is definitely 10.1.1.1.

There is no adapter details at all in IPCONFIG. The only thing that shows up in the device manager or network connections is a 1394 Connection. Usually there would be another connection in there that i would use to connect to the internet i.e. on my laptop I have a Broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated controller.

Do you think that the adaptor is broken and needs to be replaced?

mgmcc 14:48 01 May 09

If the only adapter shown in Device Manager or Network Connections is the 1394 adapter (which is a "Firewire" connection), then Windows is not recognising your ethernet adapter and it may indeed have failed and need to be replaced.

If the existing adapter only needed to have its drivers reinstalled, it would appear in Device Manager with a yellow "exclamation" or "question mark against it", although it could be shown as an "Unknown device".

ashleycardwell94 01:10 19 May 09

what are the chances that your router has changed to static ip address?In my school we have a wireless network, and the ip address to access the router is similar, but the school's server determines the ip address of every pc and AP. Is this setup that you have on a network?

ashleycardwell94 01:10 19 May 09

what are the chances that your router has changed to static ip address?In my school we have a wireless network, and the ip address to access the router is similar, but the school's server determines the ip address of every pc and AP. Is this setup that you have on a network?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…