Cannot change desktop fonts

nickp1 13:57 27 Aug 05

I've just discovered I can't change my desktop fonts - the font change window in Control Panel/Display/Appearance/Advanced is greyed out and inoperative. Any ideas please? I haven't the foggiest idea what caused it.

Nickp 1

ACOLYTE 14:03 27 Aug 05

Have you tried form the desktop? right click desktop select properties advanced the font size is there 96Dpi is default i think but you can change it.

mattyc_92 14:05 27 Aug 05

That just takes you to the same place, so I would be suprised if that way is still ok....

nickp1

Have you installed any registry editing, visual editing, hardware, etc... in the last few days? Also have you had any other problems?

GroupFC 14:53 27 Aug 05

When you get to Control Panel/Display/Appearance/Advanced you are selecting "icon" from the first drop down list (labelled "item") aren't you?

Sometimes the answer is the most obvious one. When I was having a look to try and see what you were trying to do, the first item was "desktop" and at that point the fonts were greyed out, but after a little playing around I had it sussed!

ACOLYTE 14:55 27 Aug 05

Be good to tell him what option you ended up with after playing garound lol.

GroupFC 15:39 27 Aug 05

I thought I had! - by selecting the item "icons" rather than any of the others!

nickp1 19:24 27 Aug 05

Thanks to all. Selecting "Icons" did the trick.

Nickp 1

TonyV 19:24 27 Aug 05

Right Click on a blank spot in your Desktop. Then click on Properties. Click Appearance/Advanced, then look in the box which is headed Item, (it probably says Desktop in the box). Click the arrow on the side and then click on Icon. The Text facility will now be available to you.

Cheers

TonyV

GroupFC 20:35 27 Aug 05

Glad to help!

TonyV, isn't that what I said - LOL!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…