cannot burn a music CD

polite vengeance 14:00 17 Jan 05

I have a p2 550 running 98se, with an LG CDRW drive and various burning software. I have no problems burning files, backups & photo's etc to disc, but for the first time I tried to edit and compile a music cd this weekend and every time I try to burn the disc using any software, it says the burn has failed almost immediatley. Buffer under-run seems to keep cropping up on the details, yet I've gone so far as setting the speed at just 1x, plus a two second delay between tracks, yet whatever I do it wont work. Does anyone have any idea why?

Irishman 15:05 17 Jan 05

The only things I can think of are to make up your music compilation and then store it in it's own folder before burning and to turn everything else off. Virus checker, firewall etc.

pj123 15:17 17 Jan 05

What "various burning software" do you have?

Where are you compiling the music to?

If you have Nero Burn just make an Audio CD.

If you have other burning software such as Roxio Easy CD Creator etc then you may find they are not compatible with each other. Try uninstalling all burning software except Nero and try again.

polite vengeance 20:31 17 Jan 05

I have Roxio Easy CD creator 5, which I've tried to use, as well as Real Player (which looks really easy, but again, no joy), and also Media Player 9. I did have Nero, but I'm pretty sure I uninstalled it some time ago. It's just odd that I have no problem backing up other files, jpegs & documents to disc by simple drag & drop, but got absolutely nowhere using a variety of approaches to move a CD's worth of WAV files onto a CDRW disc. What could be different. Is it because there is such alot of data being moved at once rather than just a few meg?

Sans le Sou 21:33 17 Jan 05

Have you tried an ordinary writable CD, not a CDRW?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…