Cannot burn CD without failure

Sparky3327 09 Feb 13

Hi, I've been trying to burn some music to blank CDs but the burn gets so far then fails. I ensure that the selection is not too big for the CD and have used different types of software such as Nero and Windows Media. I've also updated the driver for the hardware and used different types of blank CDs and now I'm at a loss. I'm thinking it may be a hardware problem but would appreciate some help. Cheers, Sparky.

lotvic 09 Feb 13

Try burning at a lower speed. x4 for instance.

rdave13 09 Feb 13

If it still doesn't work at a slower burning speed you'll need to get a new optical drive. The diode for the laser could be failing through age.

Sparky3327 09 Feb 13

Thanks for the advice. I'll try burning at a slower speed and post later. My laptop is only a couple of years old and has hardly done any burning in that time. Cheers.

Sparky3327 09 Feb 13

Well I tried to burn at 10x, the slowest allowed by Nero, and amazingly it worked! 10x is the future, thanks for your help. Sparky.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message