Cannot burn CD without failure

Sparky3327 21:04 PM 09 Feb 13

Hi, I've been trying to burn some music to blank CDs but the burn gets so far then fails. I ensure that the selection is not too big for the CD and have used different types of software such as Nero and Windows Media. I've also updated the driver for the hardware and used different types of blank CDs and now I'm at a loss. I'm thinking it may be a hardware problem but would appreciate some help. Cheers, Sparky.

lotvic 21:33 PM 09 Feb 13

Try burning at a lower speed. x4 for instance.

rdave13 21:45 PM 09 Feb 13

If it still doesn't work at a slower burning speed you'll need to get a new optical drive. The diode for the laser could be failing through age.

Sparky3327 22:43 PM 09 Feb 13

Thanks for the advice. I'll try burning at a slower speed and post later. My laptop is only a couple of years old and has hardly done any burning in that time. Cheers.

Sparky3327 23:45 PM 09 Feb 13

Well I tried to burn at 10x, the slowest allowed by Nero, and amazingly it worked! 10x is the future, thanks for your help. Sparky.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED