Cannot brighten screen

hawthorn59 14:03 28 Jul 08

Hi Folks

When I use my laptop on battery it automatically dims the screen slightly to save power. However I find I need to brighten it as its too dull. I do this by pressing fn button and f8. It works 9 times out of 10 but sometimes it doesnt, and I just have to restart, then its ok.

Any solution? Or is there a way to disable the dimming screen?

thanks

h

Clapton is God 14:06 28 Jul 08

Is there another way to do it?

On a Dell, for example, it's Fn + the up/down arrows at the bottom right of the keyboard.

Clapton is God 21:15 28 Jul 08

This is not related to, or achieved, through power options.

Most, if not all, laptop screens will automatically darken when running on battery to cut down on power drain.

However, the screen can be made brighter by the use and that's what thehill is trying to achieve.

MsTechie 22:01 28 Jul 08

Actually Marg7 is correct in saying there is an option in Control> Power options, when running a laptop on battery alone.
In vista there is an option to change the screen brightness when running on battery, there is one in XP too, I use it on both my Laptops.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…