Cannot boot, not even to safe mode

Ramshackle 11:42 23 Jun 04

I have removed some software and now cannot boot at all (Win.xp SP1.)
Blue screen error as follows...

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU HAVE SEEN THIS STOP ERROR SCREEN, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
CHECK TO MAKE SURE ANY NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED.
IF THIS IS A NEW INSTALLATION, ASK YOUR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MANUFACTURER FOR ANY WINDOWS UPDATED THAT YOU MIGHT NEED.IF THE PROBLEMS CONTINUE, DISABLE OR REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS CACHING OR SHADOWING.
IF YOU NEED TO USE SAFE MODE TO REMOVE OR DISABLE COMPONENTS, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER, PRESS F8 TO SELECT THE ADVANCED STARTUP OPTIONS, AND THEN SELECT SAFE MODE.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
***STOP: 0x000000ED(0x81F752F8,0xC0000032,0x00000000,0x00000000)

When I restart my computer and press F8 and try the varios options it always ends up at this blue screen.I cannot use any of the options suggested in this message.

AndySD 11:53 23 Jun 04

If you have the XP ce (not the recovery disks) then boot with the cd and choose the recovery console. At the Prompt type in

chkdsk /p

and hit enter. When its finished type in

fixboot

and hit enter

after its finished try rebooting.
If it doesnt then there is a third option in recovery console FIXMBR but here is Microsofts warnin on using this

"Use this command to repair the MBR of the boot partition. In the command syntax, device name is an optional device name that specifies the device that requires a new MBR. Use this command if a virus has damaged the MBR and Windows cannot start.

Warning This command can damage your partition tables if a virus is present or if a hardware problem exists. If you use this command, you may create inaccessible partitions. We recommend that you run antivirus software before you use this command."

fixfixboot

Ramshackle 12:14 23 Jun 04

AndySD,
I only have an OEM recovery disk, and that does not alter the problem as originally stated.
It does not boot with it.

keith-236785 12:19 23 Jun 04

to boot with the recovery disc, you will need to set the boot options in the bios to read cdrom first. then the recovery disc should boot on startup (just take care as recovery discs normally wipe the hard drive and re-install to the condition it was at as it left the factory.

if you have things you dont want to lose then you need to back them up first (via dos)

VoG II 12:23 23 Jun 04

Obrain a set of startup disks (using a different PC) click here

Then click here

Ramshackle 12:24 23 Jun 04

Paperman27,
Recovery cd does not operate,I cant get into the bios

VoG II 12:25 23 Jun 04

OOps first link should be click here

Ramshackle 13:52 23 Jun 04

All,
Have tried the emergency boot disks but they don't work either.
Any further ideas please.

keith-236785 11:49 24 Jun 04

you should be able to enter the bios, as the bios is read before windows even starts to load. if you cant access the bios, why not....is it password protected?

the error messages you are getting is from windows. the bios has already been read.

try again, you should be pressing DEL or F2 on one of the first screens during boot up. it will say something like press F2 to enter setup (you might need to press enter as well, asrock boards are F2+enter.......ECS boards are DEL+enter, most other boards are just press DEL to enter setup)

Ramshackle 16:39 24 Jun 04

Paperman27,
Thanks, have just got the same info. from local comp. repair shop.
Will let you know how I get on as I have to set up the computer again to try it.

Ramshackle 12:26 25 Jun 04

Paperman27,Thanks, pressing del.did the trick.
Easy when you know how isn't it.
Now I can reconfigure my computer.
Regards Ramshackle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…