Cannot boot dell 4300

renowayne 15:08 29 Oct 06

I turn on the system and it just gives me a screen in dos, that says,
cannot find primary drive 1 press F-2 or F12?
Press ctrl alt del to restart.

I went into setup, and both drive 0 (hard drive)and 1,(unknown) are set to auto,My CD and DVD are also set to auto.

James. 15:10 29 Oct 06

Open the case and check that the power leads and connection ribbons are secure at both the hard drive and motherboard ends.

rawprawn 15:13 29 Oct 06

Mine is a 4300, and as James.says it was what was wrong with mine

renowayne 15:14 29 Oct 06

Okay I will be back in a bit, thanks.

renowayne 15:29 29 Oct 06

Okay I went in and all look good and secure, however, the system started all by itself when I plugged it in. Hmmm. Also when I checked the set up, it says the A drive in not installed, how do I install it, so I try to boot from floppy? I have the 6 floppy boot disks, but cannot get them to run.

renowayne 15:55 29 Oct 06

Okay I went in and all look good and secure, however, the system started all by itself when I plugged it in. Hmmm. Also when I checked the set up, it says the A drive in not installed, how do I install it, so I try to boot from floppy? I have the 6 floppy boot disks, but cannot get them to run.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…