Cannot activate software

Daxsimus 23:27 15 Jul 05

HI, I have been trying for 2 days now to activate some new software.
When it is suppose to open my web browser to go to the avtivation page i get the error "1625:5 the application was unable to start your web browser" I have disabled everything I can think of that could stop it from opening. There is no way to activate the software manually so how can I find out what is causing the problem? Please help or will have to stomp on disc! Dax.

DieSse 00:21 16 Jul 05

What software??

Daxsimus 15:24 16 Jul 05

Sorry for the delay in replying,
The software is Superseller for Ebay Pro.

Daxsimus 21:59 17 Jul 05

mattyc_92 22:00 17 Jul 05

Have you contacted the company?

timeteam2004 10:08 18 Jul 05
  Daxsimus 11:14 18 Jul 05

Hi, Yes I've contacted them and they say It's due to a prog I have running that is stopping the browser opening to activate. But seen as I have disabled all Protection and anti spyware progs etc I can't see why it's still not working.
But they won't offer me refund as they say it's not down to faulty software so I'm stuck with it.

DieSse 13:07 18 Jul 05

Can you not just cut and paste the activation link into the browser address bar?

Daxsimus 13:54 18 Jul 05

Well yes you would think so, but there is no link to copy, so I thought I'd install on a second computer then copy the link to mine. But that didn't work either. I can't help thinking that if it is that difficult to install the software that it might be best just not to bother.

DieSse 13:57 18 Jul 05

Is the link a Java Script - do you have this disabled in the browser?

The link to activate - where is it - in the software itself, or an email?

What browser are you using Internet explorer, Firefox, or summat else??

Daxsimus 14:09 18 Jul 05

I am using Maxthon browser as the default, but I have treid IE aswell. The link is in the software, so I can't actually type it in manually. I have Java enabled in the browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…