cannot acess shared documents

henry2 11:28 06 Sep 08

Hi Great guys,
I have some small problem with my peer to peer network.The clients used to be able to access the shared documents on the server.Well i upgraded the server 'OS' to xp-sp2 and after that the clients are not able to acess the shared docs on the server.It brings the message'shared docs is not accessible.you might not have permission to use this network resource.contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
Access is denied'
Can you please help me out.I have disable firewall on the server but still nothing.
Thanks very much.

I am Spartacus 12:18 06 Sep 08

In Folder Options, View tab remove the tick from Use simple file sharing (Recommended). Right click on the folder you want to share and select 'Sharing & Security' click on the Permissions tab and set them accordingly.

You may also need to use the Group Policy Editor (Start, Run enter gpedit.msc and click OK) to set access for certain types of file. User Configuration, Adminstrative Templates, Windows Components, Attachment Manager. You can then set the default risk for file attachments and change the Inclusion List. I've modified mine to low risk and added e.g. .jpg.

I am Spartacus 12:21 06 Sep 08

P.S. I used the GPE to stop getting security messages popping up for certain types of files ,jpg's in particular. If the users click on anything without thinking then you probably won't want to change the policies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…