Cannot acess internet after refomat

Hetti 19:00 08 Jun 09

After reformating and reistalling win XP I cannot acess the internet although my laptop can connect (they share a connection).
Please advise

chub_tor 19:03 08 Jun 09

Wireless or wired connection to your router from the XP mschine?

Hetti 19:07 08 Jun 09

chub
Wired to XP machine

chub_tor 19:09 08 Jun 09

click here is the MIcrosoft guide for repairing network and internet problems. This is the first thing to try.

Hetti 20:05 08 Jun 09

chub

when I get as far as step 4 there are no internet connections displayed.
The modem and the router are connected to this PC (one I cannot access internet on)

chub_tor 21:11 08 Jun 09

In that case you need to go into Device Manager click here and check to see if there is a question mark or an exclamation mark against Network Adapters.

If there is click on the =sign to show the adapter and then right click it, then click on Uninstall and re-boot to let Windows search for a driver.

chub_tor 21:26 08 Jun 09

Sorry that should have said click on the + sign

Hetti 08:43 09 Jun 09

Thanks chub

I will do that when I get back from docs,
Can I just say as a total novice will i need to install any drivers ect after I wiped hard drive (might have taken on more than I relised):>(
Ill get back here asap
Thanks

chub_tor 09:08 09 Jun 09

Most of the time Windows will find and install the drivers that it needs but they might not be the latest ones that the manufacturer has available. But the first place to look if you have a device problem is Device Manager. Look for the yellow marks against the various devices.

Hetti 10:25 09 Jun 09

Thanks chub

There are no netwtork adaptor listed in device manager, however there are yellow question mark against
other devices
Ethernet, multi media, and raid controller
help please!

Hetti 10:45 09 Jun 09

Can i just add this PC connected to internet OK before refomat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017